All data the Teleport devices read out from your assets and instructions sent to Teleport devices can be forwarded to a destination in your own cloud. We support destinations like databases (eg. MySQL, MSSQL and Postgres), message brokers (eg. Kafka, RabbitMQ and Redis) and HTTPS endpoints.
Contact us at email@example.com to configure data forwarding for your Teleport devices, also in case you want to integrate with a destination that is not yet listed.
As soon as data from and instructions to Teleport devices are received by our cloud, our forwarders will deliver it to your destination service. If that fails, for example because your destination service is temporarily offline, the forwarder will keep retrying. The delay between attempts is set at
2 ^ min(attempt, 8) seconds. Delivery of all subsequent messages is also paused until the issue is resolved. Data that is still not delivered after 2 weeks will be deleted.
Our forwarders have IP address
126.96.36.199. We recommend that you whitelist that IP address and block others.
At least once delivery
Messages are guaranteed to be delivered at least once, so duplicates can occur. In database systems this is overcome with unique indexes, that avoid duplicates being inserted. For HTTP and AMQP, you should deduplicate yourself. For messages from devices the combination of
measuredAt should be unique.
Teleports are configured to a default reporting interval of 300 seconds.
Flash messages have a different default reporting interval (1 second).
Teleport uses the IEC 61850-7-520 Producer Reference Frame (generator sign convention). When an asset:
- injects active power (generation/battery discharge) the sign of active power is positive.
- absorbs active power (usage/battery charge) the sign of active power is negative.
- injects reactive power, the sign of reactive power is positive.
- absorbs reactive power, the sign of reactive power is negative.
- active power control is set to a positive value, it is directing the asset to inject active power.
- active power control is set to a negative value, it is directing the asset to absorb active power.
- reactive power control is set to a positive value, it is directing the asset to inject reactive power (with the intention to increase voltage).
- reactive power control is set to a negative value, it is directing the asset to absorb reactive power (with the intention to reduce voltage).