Industrial enclosure (IP65)
The industrial IP65 enclosure is recommended when it is impossible to install the Teleport in a dry location. If this enclosure is ordered, the Teleport will be mounted on a DIN-rail inside the IP65 enclosure.
The package is sent fully assembled; it only needs to be mounted, connected to a power source and connected to the asset(s). The power input of the device is protected within the enclosure with a circuit breaker.
The package always includes:
- IP65 enclosure
- Power cable
- U/UTP CAT 5e Network cable
Depending on the situation, the industrial installation package can be ordered with additional components. These include:
- A network switch
- A second (redundant) Teleport
- A stronger external cellular antenna
- An energy power meter
- A 3-phase power connection
If the additional components do not fit in one package, or if the components need to be placed at different locations, multiple enclosures might be necessary.
- Mount the enclosure on the wall. This can be done in two ways:
- Using the holes in the corners of the enclosure (visible when removing the lid). Mounting through the corner holes
- By attaching the mounting slips delivered with the package. Mounting with mounting slips
- Connect the power cable to a standard 230V AC power outlet.
- Connect the network cable to the asset or network switch, as instructed earlier in the guide.
Connecting additional cables
- Unscrew the fastener on an empty cable gland on the bottom of the enclosure.
- Run the cable through.
- Connect the cable.
- Screw the fastener back tightly (if the fastener is not screwed back correctly, the moisture protection of the enclosure will be impacted).
Turning on the Teleport
- Turn the screws on the corners of the enclosure lid (the arrows should be pointing toward the ‘O’ symbol). And take off the lid. Opening the enclosure
- Flip the circuit breaker to a closed position (pointing upwards).
- Turn the Teleport on (the LED on the button should turn on).
- Close the lid and turn back the screws.